The EMF seeks consensus and reconciliation of interests through information, consultation and negotiation.
The most important tools are:
- Dialogue with and the submission of demands to European institutions such as the Council, Parliament and the Commission.
- Dialogue and the proactive defence of workers' demands in the context of cooperation with European metal industry employers, industry federations and multinational companies.
- Initiating and coordinating cross-border European actions aimed at enforcing union demands in the European metal industry.
- The negotiation of positions and framework agreements on the basis of the EMF Statutes.
- Information and guidance about developments at European level.